These were absolutely DELICIOUS and tasted like raw cookie dough (but obviously totally safe to eat!). They also went in seconds when my family turned up for a cup of tea so a definite hit with all.
Its a recipe created by @Spamellab, aka Pamela – check out her insta/blog for some fantastic recipes and a go-to for healthy inspiration.
- ½ cup coconut flour (I used @grapetreefoods)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (I used @goodyfull)
- 2 scoops whey protein powder
- 1 large tbsp crunchy nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew…whichever you want!)
- 1 tbsp date/coconut nectar, honey or agave syrup (I used Beloved date nectar)
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Combine the flour, cacao powder, protein powder and sweetener in a large bowl, stirring well.
- Pour in your chosen syrup and add the nut butter and mix well until you have a crumbly consistency, then stir in the dried cranberries and cacao nibs.
- Add the milk and vanilla essence and stir well until the mixture comes together – a dough texture is the aim! Add a little more milk if too dry, or more protein powder/flour if too wet.
- Now divide the dough between 12 pieces, roll into a ball then press down with the back of a spoon or fork, using your fingers to mold them into a cookie shape – repeat for each.
- Place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper or a plate and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Thank you for the recipe Pamela!