I’ve finally found a waffle mix that cooks just the way I want it to, thick and cake texture without sticking to my waffle iron and falling to pieces when I try and skewer it out!
Super simple, a protein pancake/waffle is my go-to on a weekend after teaching my spin class or hitting the gym and you can top with all your faves!
This recipe made 6 waffles (I make for me and himself) so half if you are cooking for one:
- 1 cups oat flour (just grind raw oats in blender to make into flour)
- 1 Tbsp ground flax (or I used linseed)
- 2×25 gram scoops whey protein (I used My Protein vanilla)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 egg whites (I used ½ cup carton egg whites)
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In 1 bowl mix together oat flour, whey protein, flax, baking powder & cinnamon. Mix until blended. Add in wet ingredients (milk, egg white) and mix until blended.
- Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes allowing it to thicken up a bit.
- Cook on waffle maker until golden brown (about 5 minutes).
Serve topped with cacao nibs, berries, yogurt, or whatever you like!