We picked up some cooking apples on a dog walk and decided to stew – they had the most caramely flavour that I knew I wanted to use some for a raw slice. My childhood cake of choice was millionaires shortbread so it came in perfectly.
- 1/2cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2cup melted coconut oil
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple puree (with sweeter to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2cup coconut oil
- 1/2cupcacao powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons maple syrup or coconut jam
- Start by combining all the shortbread layer and then spoon into a lined loaf tin (line with cling film for ease).
- Then place in the freezer to harden. Then spoon on top the caramel apple layer (if you’ve never pureed apple before just peel and chop your apples and slow cook on the hob with a few drops of water, cinnamon and any sweeter you like to use). Again place in the freezer to harden.
- Finally melt the coconut oil and mix in the cacao and coconut jam or sweeter. Pour over the tray and once more set in the freezer!
- Serve and enjoy!