I never normally post savoury recipes so here is one for a summery salad that is filling and tasty, one that definitely is justified as we head into autumn. Delicious warm and cold I will definitely eat at dinner time as well as in a lunch box the next day.
I try and cook organic as much as possible, and this dish is a simple example of how you can cook organic. Especially as we are in the middle of Organic September. The Soil Association is helping people make it easier to bring organic into everyday life. Small changes can make a big different so why not start during Organic September. Organic September celebrates food as it should be!
- 3 cups cooked red rice
- ½ red pepper chopped
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- Handful fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tbsp. oil (I use the oil from the tomatoes)
- Seasoning (salt and pepper)
- 1/2 tbsp. tahini
- ½ lemon squeezed
How to make:
- Start by cooking the rice, per the packet instructions. The Organico rice is 35mins in boiling water with a pinch of salt.
- Once cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Leave to cool while you mix the dressing and chop the vegetables.
- Chop the red pepper, sundried tomatoes, spring onion and parsley and add to the rice.
- Then mix the olive oil, seasoning, lemon juice and tahini. Mix together and pour over the bowl of rice and stir through.
- Sprinkle over any leftover chopped parsley and ready to serve!